Restoring Fire Damaged Contents After A House Fire
When a fire occurs in your home, it’s not just the property that’s affected, it is also it’s contents. In the aftermath of a fire disaster, it is important to begin restoring salvageable contents immediately. Your valued belongings will need to be professionally cleaned and treated to save them from being ruined. Continue reading to learn how Carolina Restoration Services can help restore fire damaged contents after a house fire in Raleigh, NC.
- Safety First. The first concern after a house fire should always be safety. It is extremely important that the structure is safe before mitigation and restoration begins. The professionals at Carolina Restoration Services will work with the local fire department to ensure the property is safe before entering to begin restoration.
- Evaluate the Damaged Items. The next step in the contents restoration process is to determine which fire damaged contents are salvable and which are non-salvable. The professional contents restoration team at Carolina Restoration Services will evaluate the damaged items as quickly as possible to prevent further smoke and fire damage. In some cases, there may be items that have not been damaged directly by the fire or heat and have only sustained smoke or water damage. Carolina Restoration Services has the ability to restore items that have been damaged by fire, water or smoke at our in-house contents restoration facility.
- Creating An Inventory. If it is necessary to “pack out” the fire damaged contents from your home, our contents technicians will create a detailed inventory of each item removed. The Carolina Restoration Services contents inventory will include details about the item removed, the location of the item, condition of the item and any other notable information. We will also take inventory of any non-salvable items for approval prior to disposal. Once inventory is complete, all items will be carefully transported to our in house contents cleaning and storage facility.
- In-House Contents Cleaning. Our professional contents restoration team will clean all salvable items by hand at our in-house contents restoration facility. The cleaning method for each item will be unique depending on the item and the type of damage. Carolina Restoration Services has the ability to clean fire damaged contents such as, furniture, dishes, kitchen utensils, bedding, draperies electronics and much more!
- Removing Smoke Odor. Aside from char and other visible signs of fire damage, odor is one of the biggest concerns for fire damaged contents restoration. After cleaning soot and char from the item, smoke odor may still remain. Carolina Restoration Services uses ozone and deodorizing methods to remove odor from smoke damaged items.
Learn more about contents restoration and how Carolina Restoration Services can help salvage your beloved items after a house fire.
Fire Damaged Contents Cleaning and Fire Damaged Contents Restoration in Raleigh, NC
Carolina Restoration Services provides professional contents cleaning and contents restoration services for belongs affected by water, fire, storm, or mold damage. We are a full-service disaster restoration company offering in house contents restoration in Raleigh, NC, including pack-out, cleaning, storage, and pack-back. Our contents restoration services are performed by our expert contents restoration team onsite at our 30,000sqft facility. If you home or business has been affected by a water, fire, smoke, wind or mold disaster, trust the team at Carolina Restoration Services to help you each step of the way!
Carolina Restoration Services of North Carolina, Inc. is a Certified Firm through IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) and is affiliated with BBB, RIA, and HBA of Raleigh/Wake County. +
Our crew members have individual certifications through IICRC in the following areas: Water Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Applied Microbial Remediation, Carpet Repair & Reinstallation, and Odor Control.
NC General Contractor License: 43004
Contact Our Team