What Is Water Extraction?
Water extraction is the process used to remove standing or excess water from your property or home. The purpose of the water extraction process is to reduce the risk of further damage and to restore the quality condition of the property. During the water extraction process, Carolina Restoration Service’s goal is minimize water damage as well as:
- Reduce the risk of permanent property damage.
- Prevent mold growth.
- Restore the property to its former condition.
What Is The Water Extraction Process?
Water extraction from your property is a complicated, multistep process that should be preformed professionally. It is important to understand the process of water extraction to know what you can do to restore your home from water damage. The steps of the water extraction process are as follows:
- Stop The Water Flow. Before you can begin water removal, you must first stop the source of unwanted water. Stopping water flow can be as simple as shutting off the main water pipe to your home, however; certain damage may require the help of emergency services.
- Drain The Water. Removing existing water is essential to avoid further water damage to your property. Water can be removed using a wet vacuum or a pump to drain the water away from your property.
- Remove Non-Visible Water. Water damage may expand without you knowing from non-visible water in the property. Water can remain hidden within carpeting, walls, ceilings and other areas. Non-visible water is dangerous because can lead to mold or damage to your building structure.
The professionals at Carolina Restoration Services use special water extraction tools that ensure that all water, visible and non-visible, is removed from your property to prevent further water damage. Water extraction in Raleigh, NC should be preformed professionally to ensure that all water is properly removed from the home.
The Importance Of Water Extraction After Water Damage
Water damage can be disastrous to your home and must be addressed quickly to help prevent further property damage. Water extraction is a crucial step in the water damage restoration process because it removes all existing water from the property. Even small amounts of water damage can put your home at risk for mold growth and structure damage. If you experience emergency water damage in Raleigh, NC call Carolina Restoration Services immediately.